Internationally acclaimed and an icon for its unique attractions both environmental and man made, Phillip Island is the jewel in the crown of Victorian tourism. Holiday houses Phillip Island
provides a starting point for families to explore Victoria’s premier eco tourism destination, and for visitors arriving for the annual Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix, and other circuit events throughout the year.
Phillip Island draws 3.5 million visitors annually.
Its unique attractions include:
- The nightly fairy penguin parade on to Summerland Beach
- The island’s rugged and magnificent south western tip, the Nobby, and Victoria’s largest and most easily observed community of fur seals.
- Between June and September, the passing parade of migrating whales . . . over thirty already this year.
- The only breeding colonies of any great size in Victoria of the short tailed shearwaters or mutton birds, which offer an amazing sight at dusk in the skies.
- Churchill Island, discovered by the explorer Lieutenant Grant in 1801 on a voyage of exploration around Australia’s south coast who said, on account of its beautiful situation: “I scarcely know a place I would rather call mine than this little island.”
- Extensive northern flats which emerge from the bay at low tide, and which are covered with thousands of birds and sea creatures.
- The protected RAMSAR (international treaty) Rhyll Inlet site, an annual haven for some of the world’s migratory species to feed in.
- Beautiful and safe north facing sunny and sandy beaches
- A protected bay enjoyed by recreational fishermen in their thousands
- Some of the most famous surf beaches in Australia, including Cape Woolamai, Cat Bay, Flynns Reef.
Man made attractions include:
- The Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, home of the International Motorcycle Grand Prix and other major motor sport events throughout the year.
- A Maze N Things, The Chocolate Factory, the Rhyll Trout Farm, Ten Pin Bowling, the Phillip Island Wildife Park, Koala Centre, the Goldsmith Gallery at San Remo
- Hundreds of kilometres of walking and bicycle tracks meander across Phillip island, through wildlife reserves, over the magnificent and spectacular Cape Woolamai, and through the
Food , wine and the arts:
Holiday houses Phillip Island
- Boutique wineries, cafes, beach front restaurants, art galleries, craft shops all abound.
caters for all accommodation requirements, from up market luxurious townhouses and homes, right through to farm stays and budget beach shacks.
To find Holiday Houses Phillip Island
, call First National Real Estate Cowes 0359523922